Carjacking Avoidance In Delaware
IMPORTANT: “The D Team” does not support and/or reject the suggestions identified below as they relate to CARJACKING. They are included as information only — “YOU BE THE JUDGE”. Please keep in mind “THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES”.
It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you. Chances are he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back taillights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND DRIVE AWAY.
5. If someone is in the car threatening you DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run.
6. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
a.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
b.) Check for any threat outside your car (the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle and on the passenger side).
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. “THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES”